Merger Integration Review
Where Mergers expressly rely on achieving synergies through integration to succeed, execution takes on heightened importance.
An independent and fact-based assessment confirms whether your merger integration is progressing in a way that will see you realise synergies as planned. Where they are at risk, a series of practical recommendations are presented to shift the relevant project or program, and ultimately synergy, back on track.
This review also highlights any orphan projects that don’t directly contribute to the attainment of synergies, therefore not requiring prioritisation inside your merger integration effort.
- Independently conducted by Merger Integration Program experts
- Ensures you’re working on the right things
- Recommendations written in prose and free of jargon
- Recommendations prioritised for maximum value
- Allows for early intervention, preventing (or minimising) cost overruns
- Re-focuses and realigns integration teams on the merger objectives
- Provides guidance for executive decision making
- Assures that synergies are delivered
- Provides greater transparency for resource allocation and capacity decisions
- Creates a clearer picture of your financial position with regard to synergy onset
- Confirms the merger integration has been appropriately designed to deliver the expected synergies
Where does it fit?
This review can be conducted anytime during an inflight merger integration program either as a routine governance and assurance process or when any concerns exist.
How does it work?
Similar to the Merger Readiness Assessment, the Merger Integration Review is underpinned by the Merger Integration Success Factors of 5 key themes and 25 dimensions:
This review is significantly enriched by the information related to the inflight integration effort. At a high level we do the following:
- Interview key leaders and key personnel
- Review and understand what was learned through the due diligence process and merger integration to date
- Collect, collate and synthesise relevant program and project information & data
- Develop and socialise the detailed Merger Integration Review Report including practical recommendations
- Measure value already achieved
The key output of the Merger Integration Review is a report detailing a Synergy Risk Matrix and all review findings including prioritised and practical recommendations within each theme and dimension.
Contact Intuity Consulting to understand if your merger integration is on track to deliver your intended synergies.
Hope Parnell is a Partner at Intuity Consulting, a specialist Strategy Execution firm concentrating on Mergers, Separations, and Transformation. Contact Hope at [email protected] or + 61 456 760 567
Jacob Dudzinski is a Partner at Intuity Consulting, a specialist Strategy Execution firm concentrating on Mergers, Separations, and Transformations. Contact Jacob at [email protected] or + 61 448 489 401