Transformation is the execution of practical changes to achieve a bold strategic vision. As powerful as great vision and well-developed strategy may be, it’s often let down by poor execution. Your transformation must be designed to deliver the impact your vision intended. Identifying how value will be captured and using this to drive the transformation is key to success. This is achieved by knowing which project delivers which specific benefits in a traceable, measurable way.
Your transformation requires decisive, focussed and committed leadership supported by execution expertise to meet the pace and intensity needed to get your transformation across the line.
An independent and fact-based assessment confirms whether your transformation is progressing in a way that will see you truly improve performance and deliver value as planned. Where this is at risk, we present a series of practical recommendations to shift the relevant project or program, and ultimately value delivery, back on track.
This review also highlights any adjacent benefits not yet identified as well as orphan projects that don’t directly contribute to the transformation, therefore potentially, not requiring prioritisation.
- Confirms the transformation has been designed to deliver the expected benefits
- Reports on whether transformation benefits will be delivered as planned
- Creates a clearer picture of your financial position with regard to benefits onset
- Allows for early intervention, avoiding (or minimising) cost overruns & project failure
- Independently conducted by Transformation Delivery experts
- Practical recommendations written in prose and free of jargon
- Recommendations prioritised for maximum value
- Re-focuses and realigns transformation teams on the transformation objectives
- Provides guidance for executive decision making
- Provides greater transparency for resource allocation and capacity decisions
Where does it fit?
This review can be conducted anytime during an inflight transformation program either as a routine governance and assurance process or when any concerns exist.
How does it work?
The Transformation Review is underpinned by Intuity’s deep transformation experience and expertise.
We begin by reviewing all individual inflight programs and projects to determine any risks to the delivery of value:
We then systematically assess your broader Transformation against across 5 key themes:
This review is significantly enriched by the information related to the inflight transformation effort. At a high level we do the following:
- Interview key leaders and key personnel
- Review and understand the transformation strategy and the work undertaken to date
- Collect, collate and synthesise relevant program and project information & data
- Develop and socialise the detailed Transformation Review Report including practical recommendations
- Measure value already achieved
The key output of the Transformation Review is a report detailing forecast benefits and all review findings including prioritised and practical recommendations.
Contact Intuity Consulting to understand if your transformation is on track to deliver on your intended performance improvement and business value.
Jacob Dudzinski is a Partner at Intuity Consulting, a specialist Strategy Execution firm concentrating on Mergers, Separations, and Transformations. Contact Jacob at [email protected] or + 61 448 489 401
Hope Parnell is a Partner at Intuity Consulting, a specialist Strategy Execution firm concentrating on Mergers, Separations, and Transformation. Contact Hope at [email protected] or + 61 456 760 567